Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The mascot trail

I am a competitive person. I have now realised that my working lifestyle has previously offered opportunity for competition (how quickly can i open the stack of empty brown boxes whilst looking for the hidden bottle of water- 8 seconds), but has also kept me safe from other competitive temptations.

Ali at my mothers group (yes i now attend a mothers group- not so rock and roll as i used to be) has managed to photograph 10 (well 9 and one inflatable) Wenlock statues. Mascots of the Olympic games (Wenlock and paralympian Mandeville) have been painted uniquely and placed around London. Usually i want to try and find all the things like this (there have previously been uniquely painted phoneboxes, eggs, elephants) but have not even started as i knew that i would never be able to find a significant number without giving up all my freetime. However, now free time is in abundance. And Ali has already photographed 10, can i beat her.....

The maps of where they all are is here and i only have until the 9th of September to find them all!!!

Wenlock at the tate (Ali's pic)
Mandeville near the tower of London (Ali's pic again)

No comments: