Saturday, April 10, 2010

Counselling Sesion Number 2:

I'm now fairly certain that my counsellor is Andy Flanagan's mum, because there is a picture of her on his website (weird?) and she looks a little like her, so that's good enough for me. I'm loving the process of the sessions whereby my counsellor simply reflects back what i am saying and tries to pull my unconscious thoughts into my conscious. This will often lead to fascinating accurate facts about myself coming to light and really gives me a theory to go home and examine. Today's was- you are using Leo and your parents relationship to try and recreate and improve on the relationship which occurred between yourself and your parents when you were young. Wow. In other words, if i wanted a game gear with sonic the hedgehog on from my parents when i was 6, i have now made it my personal mission to get my parents to get Leo one. To be honest though, you need to replace 'game gear' with 'affection/attention/a loving relationship'.

The slightly bad part of my counselling session, as illustrated above, is that my unconscious guide (and possibly the rest of the world if they knew me well enough?) feels that 4 sessions is not much to deal with all the dusty and faded, Pandora's boxes i have cluttering my attic of a head. So now i have to decide how long i want to attend therapy for. I'm terrified I'm going to become a therapy lifer, and she'll be the one helping me pick out a retirement home!

On a positive note. I found this story on Grace in the South London Press very inspiring.

No comments: