Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ive Made it!

I have been recognised as a back packer. I'm not sure if i should be proud of it, but since i am back packing i am proud. As i was standing in Rio airport looking at the books, an air hostess walked straight up to me and asked if i had checked a backpack. score. I'm not sure if it was the metal clip on my small bag, my dirty unkempt looks or the fact that my trainers were so dirty they looked like they had been thrown down a mountain with me running behind barefoot (how does the mud get right up to the top of my basketball boots when it only cakes the sole of Xss.
It was my bag and i am darn proud that i made little net bags to put all my underwear in to keep it together, as the security then proceeded to check my luggage by pulling it all out and delicately placing it on the floor. Luckily no pants flying everywhere and he realised that my ipod player was not dangerous.

So we have made it to Chile, and the NICEST hostel ever, apart from the noise. It is an old, old mansion and has a real commune feel to it. We arrived last night at 10pm and Xss already loves it and is suggesting we stay more days. However this was supposed to be a short city break where we didn't do much or spend much.

So this morning, in true backpacker style we are going out in search of Starbucks! Not sure if they have them here, but there weren't any in Brazil. The eternal optimism to try and find the most undiscovered, off the beaten track, new things that backpackers have, has not reached me yet. I'm happy to just see a new city and try to understand it.

Will upload some pics of the hostel here soon so check back, ok.

The dining room- looking old, but cool.

No comments: