Monday, May 31, 2010

THE wedding of the century.

On Big Sis's wedding day i retreated into her lovely ensuite bathroom and vowed to God that i would never agree to be a bridesmaid again, so long as i wasn't sick down my dress from nerves and didn't trip on the carpet on the way down the isle. I can now no longer be a bridesmaid for anyone. phew.

So the day went brilliantly: Despite me being 100 times more nervous about this bridesmaid expedition than my own wedding day!

In many ways i feel like some of the most socially formative years of my life were spent feral, with a pack of 18 year old boys (a few years my senior) as role models. I therefore consequentially think that if you put on a clean pair of jeans, you instantly look smart, and that a hoodie only 2 sizes too big is smarter than one 4 sizes larger, and that if you drink wine you are gay. Hence my apprehension to demonstrate a 'scrubbed up for best' look for this important day for my Big Sis. The photo's will follow shortly, and i like to think that i blend in quite well with everyone. No-one would notice my lack of style and class.

In the mean time check out the photographers blog.

The day was brilliantly sunny and radiant and the weather was only over-shadowed in warmth by the speeches and sentiments of the day; two family's immensely proud of their offspring joining together. It was lovely and so beautiful. Now i have an awesome brother-in-law and guaranteed adventures for the future.

No comments: