Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Jonesin' For New Lingo

One of my goals in life is to develop a hybrid language where i amalgamate all words i like into my vocabulary and espouse the most accurate sentences attuned to my inner thoughts.

However i am hindered by the need to alter my language to reflect the words the people i speak to use. So this will have to be a speak language i speak only to myself; I think its vitally important that you meet someone on their level, to show that you are listening and understand. Just like you change your body language unconsciously to mirror someone else's when you are in sync.

So anywho here are my newest wants:

- Jonesing - i think this means yearning or wanting
- Lets roll- lets go
- who's rolling? - who else is coming?
-awesome - yep.

More importantly I spoke with Leo today in Gambia. He seemed happy and proudly recited the whole alphabet to me, and then started on his numbers. Luckily he was stopped before he got to '4 elephants' (he can go up to '100 elephants'):) i cant believe how different he is, he's got a small African accent and i cant picture how he must look. Fingers crossed that his dad has got him a cool new haircut - cornrows or bob the builder shaved into his head. He is a dude.

Leo looking smug because he already knows how many of those damn annoying hundred's and thousands have fallen on the floor and got into numerous cracks into which they will melt in a sticky mess he can poke at later.

No comments: