Thursday, September 26, 2013

Church Love

I love my church because it is diverse, very diverse. Economically, culturally, racially and socially.

Recently i had a headache (long story around me never having had a headache before, going to A&E, being diagnosed as having a headache, being informed i had to eat the tablets they gave me without knowing what they are then returning home, humbled, embarrassed and ever so thankful that there is free health care in England) and could not attend church. I had lunch plans with someone after church so politely text her saying, 'i do not feel very well, i will be unable to attend our meeting today, sorry. Please forward me the notes'.

And why our church is socially diverse:
She replied, 'oh, we prayed for you. I hope it is nothing as serious as an ectopic pregnancy'.
I am not sure what the correct response to that is. 'no'?

The next week she cancelled our meeting stating that she had to meet Chris after church. ' Sorry to cancel but i have to meet Chris after church today and he has a way of explaining things in great detail'.

Lastly, One of Starbucks' Godmothers gave us a belated birthday present for her recently. It was a white fur coat, unusual, but kinda cool. As i got it out the bag, it seemed to get bigger and bigger. Then i tried it on, and it fitted me. The label inside says "34". Although i find it funny, and not a problem, i am still left wondering what to do. Do i make Starbucks wear it to church one week? How do i get it to stay on? Do i try and take a photo of her wearing it and show the Godmother, or do i just give it to a charity shop and never mention it again? Oh the joys of a socially diverse church.

13/52 Happy? Knowing such a variety of people

No comments: