Thursday, February 07, 2013

The americans are coming....

Sorry, again, for the long delay. I had guests come to stay with us from America, and since with a baby i can only get one small thing done a day it too a bit of preparation and time. Also i have started studying my Social work degree through the open university, so every time i turn on the computer i feel bad if i do anything other than coursework.

The visit from the Americans was awesome! They are a couple who took me in when i was 18. I was a broken and lonely teenager feeling like no-one cared about me and life was pretty grey. However, these nice people chose me to come and live with them, then slowly built me up over the year and set me free a confident young woman. I will always feel in debt to them, but not in a bad way, and we have remained in contact the THIRTEEN years following! (now you all know how old i am!). So Xss and I got them flights over, to see London, our home, and meet Starbucks. They seemed to enjoy themselves, although in many ways our lives are very, very different. And Starbucks loved the company. I love the fact that they now know exactly what my life looks/smells and feels like, and smile often when i re-picture them sitting in my house, or other everyday situations.

At the moment i am HAPPY.

P.S Spinster, they left a box of kraft Mac & Cheese if you are missing it?

No comments: