Thursday, February 21, 2013

And in the blue corner weighing in at 1 oz - WHEATABIX

There is nothing stronger than Wheatabix. honestly. We should build houses with the stuff, i don't know why we don't already. Perhaps i need to market it, or perhaps the smell of wheatabix with dried out milk would make the house uninhabitable?What about wheatabix made up with orange juice?

So Starbucks has been throwing her breakfast around, a lot. Xss and I agreed that we are going to try not to be annoying parents who constantly try to control their offspring to protect their nice furniture. Ours can go wild and trash it. So the solution to the wheatabix? Wait until she grows older and then repaint the wall. You might think that i should just wipe the wall- but once the wheatabix is on, if it comes off, so does the paint underneath! it has a terrific grip, so I've given up.

We have also begun safeguarding the child from the furniture's revenge attacks and have therefore taped down the TV- see below. Lets face it, the TV was free, the DVD player was free and the table was free- I'm hoping the Humax (TV recorder) comes out ok as it is in the middle. No need for complicated aids, just a big roll of duck tape!


The TV complete with modern baby protection.

Everyone taking shelter in nearby cardboard boxes to avoid falling items. [Starbucks with the obligatory tongue sticking out, it's possible she is a bit special. Jury still out until she can talk, but she was also rocking backwards and forwards in silence today!]

So I'm busy protecting the baby from furniture and falling books now days (its irrelevant that most things that fall on her are a result of her own hand), and when I'm not I'm cleaning, cooking, washing or studying! Studying is my new pleasure. I have started my Open University course (correspondence course) on Social Work and i really enjoy it. I feel there are certain liberties you can take in the world of academia- one of which is making up words. This week i made up Uniculture. a place with only one culture. Xss pointed out that this is actually Monoculture!

So sorry for the sparse blogging, but when i sit down at the computer i feel that i must study, not blog. It's a shame, and I'll try to keep up both activities, just for my loyal fans ;)

No comments: