Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adventures in the rain

Hi all my lovely, lovely blog readers. I was logging on to tell you about our nice time in the rain around morro but have been distracted by the stats people at Blogger who inform me that my funny little blog this week has been read by people from:

The UK (no suprises there)
Brazil (well I've told one person here the address)
The Philippines
Hong Kong (I'll see you later next year)
USA (I've family there!)
Columbia
UAE
Poland
And one from Israel!

I can't believe it. What if these people think everyone from England is like me and eats their banana´s sideways!?

Anyway. Today it is raining (yes rain exists in paradise)(anyway it is nice rain here, warm and very fine- so nice infact that everyone is pretending that everything is normal and it's only me who has come out wearing a raincoat). Even Xss had left his at home and made me look like I had an overly concerned mum back in the hostel making sure I didn't get wet, the un-rubbed in sunblock on my cheeks and nose probably didn't help matters.

So we decided to walk to the fort (turns out there isn't one). After viewing the towns fonte, an odd well/hole in the ground, we continued on to the theatre and accidentally took in a full tour of the town and nothing touristy. The theatre was naff (it was an outdoor theatre with no great views and nothing special to note- it was simply a theatre- why didnt the sign tell us this?!) but as we were leaving we spotted the bookseller on his porch. We smiled and said hello, amused that we had found his home. However as we continued onwards who should we come accross but the cake lady! We have bought two flapjacks off of her every afternoon down on the beach. She came out of her house calling after us and pushed a clingfilm wrapped, joy creating, bundle of warmest, freshest, sweetest flapjack into our hands! The Brazilians have got to be the nicest people I've met. If you go to the house of a Gregs worker uninvited the best you'd get would be a punch in the mouth, not a free iced finger roll.

We are due to leave Morro tomorrow and weirdly enough we are glad. It's very nice in paradise but there's only so much doing-nothing that you can do. Two more weeks on the farm and then we will be whizzing through the destinations. Watch out America it will be Christmas soon!

No comments: