Friday, September 09, 2016

Missing me

hi. So it turns out that i am not rubbish at blogging because i was studying for a degree, i am actually just rubbish at sitting down to blog. Which is odd as i really enjoy it.

I've been not doing anything, which feels terrible. I've been oppressively tired since finishing my course and so most evenings i lay down on the sofa after i've got the kids to bed, watch TV and then get up and go to bed. I normally like to feel like im moving forward in the world/my life, which i dont think i am, unless my heightened awareness of the Nashville plot line will stand me in good sted for something in the future.

I continue to struggle to run my day to day life. Here is a list of things which make me feel like i have not coped well with this week:
1) twice when i stopped by our local shop for a few things i had to buy a 5p carrier bag because i didnt have a bag on me.
2) i've been in the local shop about twice a day for the last 7 days
3) We had pizza and wedges for lunch on Saturday and Kebab and chips from the takeaway for tea
4) I've opened a box of chocolate i bought for a bereaved mate and eaten half of them before i managed to get the computer out to blog
5) Cookie spent the day with toothpaste all over her sleeves where she 'washed her hands' with it this morning, leading to a complete change of clothes for Starbucks the bystander also - just as we were supposed to be going out the house
6) Still not spoken to Xss about the fact i signed up to work for a homeless shelter on new years eve and does he mind? We do live together but it feels silly to clog up the time we have with a list of borning questions about life.
7) cooked an inedible meal, which i served anyway. Starbucks said it was nice and asked for more. The rest went in the bin.
8) Have failed to buy a new coat, which i vow to do each year. The one i have smells like Body Odor and im not sure if i even care anymore; i dont think i need any new friends. Not when i am wearing a warm coat anyways.

Sucessess':
1) my whole family is still breathing
2) Starbucks is going to sing a song in the school talent show. It is by no means a talent but i am so chuffed that she is confident enough to stand up infront of her school and sing alone, badly. haha.
3) I have enjoyed some chocolate and its tasted NICE
4) Cookie had a two hour nap yesterday and today, whilst i might not have been able to sit down during them both, it was blissful to have some time off and not try to decifer what she is saying all the time. Today as we entered a local nursery to leave a message for Lumi she was saying 'ice lolly' over and over again. It took Starbucks pointing this out to me, for me to realise that i did understand but didnt get why this setting, on a cold day, had induced her to say it.
5) Starbucks took in two items from home for the 'sound shelf' this week one for 'K' and one for 'C'.

Ok so the nay's outweigh the yay's but some weeks/years are like that. Stuff it, we are all still breathing and God loves us. Have a good week.


No comments: