Friday, August 14, 2015

Back in New York

We are back in New York for our final week of travelling. The desire to return home has now passed and Xss and I have had some great conversations about where we can go next rather than flying home (mostly Canada?) and then we look at each other repeating 'shall we?' Over and again trying to establish the seriousness of the other. However, life will still be waiting for us just one week later;we don't have enough plans in place to stay away of a long time. Next time I think we might airbnb our place to help support us.

I asked Starbucks if she was looking forward to going home and she pulled a silly sad face (but it's very hard to know if we might have conditioned is response). I asked her what she wanted to do in our last few days travelling to which she replied 'go to the park and go to Starbucks'. You can take the 3 year old out of London, but she is still 3.

Its been brilliant travelling and now I feel like we are warmed up and could take these two anywhere we could continue on for quite a while I think  (except for lack of money). We have pretty much everything we need and it's working out well. I wouldn't like to go somewhere hotter than Mexico, but I'd happily take my kids to Thailand for a few weeks now.  Yippee. When we get home we will begin saving again but the next, bigger, trip will be harder to plan as we will have to take Starbucks out of school and risk losing her place. 

1 comment:

:-D Bubble Bee said...

Super cool that you settled into travelling life; and even better that the kiddies did. It'd be my dream to have a travelling wild child lol (were I to want sprogs) - the restrictions of school etc. make me squirm!