Sunday, August 18, 2013

Saving fashion energy

I'm pretty sure that I'm not supposed to ask this but does anyone else become so happy with their choice of outfit on a particularly fashionable day that they decide to wear it again the next day?

Not an outfit I've run a mile in the rain in, or fallen over in a sand pit in or poured my breakfast milk over when wrestling a bowl off of someone else-with-a-surprisingly-strong-grip-for-a-small-person-who-drops-things-all-day-whilst-shouting-Uh-o (typical occurrences in my life at the mo) just an average days outfit with an average days grime added? I'm sure I'm not supposed to admit to this, along with not supposing to admit to NOT SHOWERING every day!!! When Xss and I went travelling this is really something that stood out, not our smell and grime, but the decadence of the western world washing every item of clothing after only one wear. We only had two of everything (apart from underwear - that's pushing this a bit far) with us, and it was surprising how long we could wear stuff before it actually became unwearable. I know travelling has its own standard of social etiquette but it was also a lot warmer. I barely sweat most days in England, so is it a big deal if I wear the same outfit tomorrow? Probably. I'll just have to make sure I don't see anyone I saw today.

10/52 Happy? My new Nirvana T-shirt and blue ripped jeans, my 14 year old self would be so proud!

P.s is it also terrible that I consider an oversized Nirvana outfit fashionable? AND I recognise that a teenager in the 90's would like it? Perhaps I'll upload it here so you can judge....

No comments: