Friday, June 29, 2012

Those round number birthdays

My 30th birthday is coming up. A couple of years ago i set myself some goals to achieve before i turned 30 and my life ended. I've already hit so many big ones that its the odd experience i named. I thought i'd share them with you, otherwise i'll just have to write another gushing post about how great my baby is (there is something marginally better in life than the first time you see your baby smile- when she begins cooing in earnest and with a serious focus on your face. She is amazing, it is almost overwhelming her sincere desire to tell you something and be listened to. i cant describe it. i fall more in love with her everyday). are you spewing yet??)

Things to do before i am 30:
1) Have a party - Sort of done. I arranged leaving drinks in a pub before we went travelling and most people came- this was a real challenge as i like to have strong 1:1 relationships with lots of people, not a group of friends that all know each other) See below also.2) Dress up as a pirate or something In progress (i'm gonna have a pirate themed 30th murder mystery party)3) Spend £130 on one person In progress- any suggestions welcome (i wanted someone to feel luxurious and spoilt)4) Teach Leo a rock song (think Aerosmith) To Do. Well Leo has been in Africa all of the time so i havent seen him once. To do still.5) Sleep overnight in a hammock - To Do- despite living on a farm on warm Brazil with hammocks for three months. Can hardly sleep in a hammock with Starbucks now days.6) Go camping with my dad- To Do. Very little time i have not been travelling or pregnant since i wrote this list. 7) Read 'Development As Freedom'; or admit I never will - i admit i never will. Done Development is not freedom, i dont need to read a book to decide this. end of discussion.8) Make a piece of art work good enough to put up in my house - Done. several of my photos are made into large canvas' and up around the house9) Watch 'The Notebook' with Lovely, Princess and Honestly- Done. Lovely film. 10) Conceive a baby and give it a silly name - BIG FAT DONE. And she is here! Name is also a little silly.

Who knows what the next decade might bring. Perhaps I should write a new list for things to do in my 30's. I imagine it will be a lot more sedate than things done in my 20's :(

No comments: