Sunday, August 08, 2010

300 Days of LE!

XSS and I have arrived safely in Rio. It looks the same in the dark as anywhere does so i wont bore you with the details. However, the plane journey- now that was fun.

I did intend to sit down in quiet contemplation and think carefully about what i wanted out of my time away, get some really good questions to think over, etc. But instead i watched the films!! BA have a library of films so there was good choice. I wasted most of my time watching ´Dear John´and ´The Bounty Hunter´both terrible (and not in a good way) romances. I also got to see Invictus which was good but raised loads of questions i wanted to ask my Afrikaans´s friends- what was their old flag like? Do they remember this time? and what are the differences in the national anthems?

I wore my special ´travelling t-shirt´(from the boys section of a Peckham shop, it says Úp, Up and Away!´), which went well with my new haircut lending me to question whether i now look like a 8 year old boy? I can tell you though (seriously), there were many jealous looks in the airport from small children. i saw them looking! It kind of lost its humour airside where everyone was flying somewhere and it seemed like i proudly didn't realise. The general feeling (from Honestly and the Wainwright clan) is that the haircut is ok. At least it will be good on those hot days.
So we will be away for around 300 days, fingers crossed, which for XSS is 300 days of me. Yippee. I think most people who meet XSS after knowing me, have a lot of respect for him automatically as they realise how patient he must be, to be able to tolerate the ADD personailty that i am. Here is a picture of XSS enjoying our 4th conversation around whether i look like a 8 year old boy or not with my new haircut.

We arrived fine and got someone from the hostel to pick us up. The room is fine, in a nice part of town, now to explore. We only have 3 days until we move on to Paraty.

2 comments:

Kat said...

hey ellie, glad you are the safe and sound. jo tried to kill me today with some soup. and i have been nothing but nice. cant believe you commented on my blog but didnt become a follower. its like a stab in the heart!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time guys!

Try and keep us updated with photos and blog posts but more importantly relax and get (and give) as much as you can from the experience.

Love,

Bro, J and P.