Thursday, September 24, 2015

mindfulness

Mindfulness is very popular at the moment. Being in the moment, enjoying things for what they are. ok. Someone once gave me a chocolate bar mindfulness podcast, it took it too far. I agree with enjoying chocolate, but not the feel of the wrapper, the thoughts of how i might eat it bite for bite. Nah, too much. Eat and enjoy the taste; preferably with a cup of tea.

So my take on mindfulness is to create mini crystal maze type games throughout the day. If there is something mundane to do, make it a 2.5 minute instant lock in! My daily game at the moment is trying to unchain my bike (two locks) and get it out of my garage before the roller door comes back down. Its not easy. One fumble and you lose. lately i've been trying to complete it with Cookie in a carrier on my back. She adds sound effects.

1 comment:

:-D Bubble Bee said...

Hahaha this is so funny trying to unlock your bike in record speed!! :-D

You make me smile.

And a baby on your back no less.

I'd promote you just for achieving this awesome feat :-P